[R] using Rmath standalone

Prof. Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 08:58:14 CEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Daniel Falster wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a c/c++ programmer attempting to utilise the Rmath library
(looks VERY useful). I have downloaded the Rsource and compiled the
library as recommened (compiled on windows 98 using the cygwin environment).

We do NOT recommend a Cygwin environment!

But whenever i try to use functions from the library i get similar error messages  -
> eg. using the function dnorm(double, double...... etc   ) i get the
message : "undefined reference to dnorm4".

> dnorm4 is called by dnorm to implement the function, but for some
reason the function isn't being implemented. Can anyone suggest what
might be a solution to this? I have tried including all the relevant
directories in my compiler path for both inlcude and library files.
I don't know what else might eb the problem.

I assume you mean that you get the message when linking.  In that case you
have not included the import library, or not specified the path to it, or
are using an incompatible compiler or ....

This is not an R question, and I suggest you seek local help on whatever
compilation environment you are using.

Please learn to wrap the lines in your email messages, at about 75 chars.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk