[R] terribly naive question

Sonia Bauer Sonia.Bauer at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 3 21:51:06 CET 2002

Dear R-Representative:
I am very new to R and I have to admit that I am not the cleverest of
users.  So, please bear with me.  I have installed R on my Mac OS 8.6.
I am interested in eventually using the packages -- many useful ones
have been downloaded with the basic R software.  I have looked through
some of the manuals, however, I have not yet found how to access the
commands in these packages.  I am assuming there are ways to include the
functions available in these packages in some kind of path.  I have used
UNIX and I use my Mac mainly as a word processor, but would like to
learn R on the Mac and perhaps later for research, possibly on a new
Mac.  So, my question is, what kind of set up is required for me to use
these packages?
Sorry for such an inane question, but I've decided that you will be able
to help me much more quickly than I am able to find what I need at this
point.
Thank you VERY MUCH.
Sincerely,
Sonia Bauer