[R-es] pregunta XLConnect

JCMld jcmld en carmonarocha.com
Mie Ago 19 16:28:17 CEST 2015

Hola José.

Recuerdo que yo también tuve problemas para instalar este paquete. XLConnect utiliza java, así que debes tener bien instalado el paquete rJava.
Sin embargo este paquete da algunos problemas, en especial si utilizas Windows 7 de 64 bits. Te paso unas notas que yo encontré y que me ayudaron a solucionarlo, espero te sean de ayuda. Aquí va (está en inglés):

"Here is some quick advice on how to get up and running with R + rJava on Windows 7 64bit. There are several possibilities, but most have fatal flaws. Here is what worked for me:

Add jvm.dll to your PATH

rJava, the R<->Java bridge, will need jvm.dll, but R will have trouble finding that DLL. It resides in a folder like

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\jre\bin\server
or

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\jre\bin\client
Wherever yours is, add that directory to your windows PATH variable. (Windows -> "Path" -> "Edit environment variables to for your account" -> PATH -> edit the value.)

You may already have Java on your PATH. If so you should find the client/server directory in the same Java "home" dir as the one already on your PATH.

To be safe, make sure your architectures match.If you have Java in Program Files, it is 64-bit, so you ought to run R64. If you have Java in Program Files (x86), that's 32-bit, so you use plain 32-bit R.

Re-launch R from the Windows Menu

If R is running, quit."

Saludos,
Juan Carmona