[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Sun May 15 23:48:10 CEST 2022

On 15/05/2022 5:01 p.m., Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> It is interesting that Paulo reports Rgui to behave differently from
> many (all?) other applications. However, I have no insight into Windows.

It's not a big surprise.  Rgui uses a UI library (Graphapp) that was
written a very long time ago, and it hasn't adopted their updates in at
least 15 years.  Additionally, Rgui hasn't really had any Windows users
giving it the attention it needs.

And not nearly "all".  RStudio has different problems, which means
everyone using the same UI library they use probably has them too.  I
didn't see any open source projects in the list of things that work.

Duncan Murdoch