[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 15 23:01:02 CEST 2022

It is interesting that Paulo reports Rgui to behave differently from many
(all?) other applications. However, I have no insight into Windows.

Best,
Kasper

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 3:32 PM Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15/05/2022 2:44 p.m., Ben Bolker wrote:
> >     I don't know if there's a good up-to-date list anywhere of
> > editors/IDEs that handle R nicely, but it would include at least:
> >
> >     Atom
> >     Sublime Text
> >     VS Code
> >     RStudio
> >     Jupyter notebooks
> >     vim
> >     emacs
> >     Tinn-R
> >
> >     It's worth being able to choose from such a list both for general
> > aesthetic preferences, and for those with accessibility challenges.
>
> One more that I should have mentioned:  StatET, a plug-in for the
> Eclipse IDE.
>

> >    I do agree that it would be nice if there were a way to make the R
> > console work well with Dasher under Windows, but the technical details
> > are completely beyond me.
>
> A long time ago I used to know some of this stuff, but now I find
> working in Windows quite difficult.  I never knew it well enough to know
> the advantages and disadvantages of the approach RGui uses versus the
> one that dasher seems to be expecting.
>
> On the hopeful side, accessibility has always had a relatively high
> priority in the R Project, and there seems to be a recent push in that
> direction.  Perhaps there will be an opportunity for someone to bring up
> this issue at useR! 2022 (https://user2022.r-project.org).
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Best,
Kasper