[Rd] Trying to compile R 4.2.x on Linux as 32bit sub-architecture

Berwin A Turlach berw|n@tur|@ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 20 15:40:17 CEST 2022

G'day Tomas,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 14:46:04 +0200
Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalibera using gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well, what puzzles me is that I had no problem with R-patched right
> > until the end of the 4.1 branch.  And I have no problems with
> > R-devel, that is also still installing a 32bit and a 64bit version
> > just fine.
> >
> > It is just R 4.2 that gives me the problem.
> Ah, that's interesting. And could you perhaps bisect it to the
> problematic commit? That might increase the chances you get attention
> of the person who authored it. After all you could also send a patch

Well, I found via Google a command that could tell me the first revision
of a branch.  Apparently revision 81976 is the first revision of the 4.2
branch:

r81976 | pd | 2022-03-25 07:02:01 +0800 (Fri, 25 Mar 2022) | 1 line

Create R-4-2-branch

I checked this branch out and it already displays the same problem,
the same test in reg-tests-1d.R falls over.  But I am pretty sure that
R-devel (and R-patched) compiled fine on that day. So where was the
change made before the R-4.2-branch was created?

Cheers,

	Berwin