[Rd] * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE

Fri Nov 26 19:13:36 CET 2021

Hi Witold,

On 26 November 2021 at 17:09, Witold E Wolski wrote:
| We have been using the package at work since 2018. We made some
| feature requests in 2019 to the maintainer and Author Amir B.K.
| Foroushani and was so kind to
|  implement them for us and release a new version in 2019. But then, in
| April 2020, the package was archived on CRAN. Since then were are
| installing it from the archived zip.
|  Later I forked the github.com/cran/sigora repository.
|  I did contact the previous maintainer several times during the last
| (2020) and this year and did not get a reply.
| Therefore, I would like to take over the Maintenance of the sigora
| package and resubmit it to CRAN. I hope that this is OK.
| I made only cosmetic changes to the documentation, e.g., I created a
| vignette and removed the warnings and notes.

Thanks, that's very good. Make sure that CRAN knows that when you upload.

(And I would correct the License: field to 'GPL (>= 3)' removing the
reference to a file. I can't think off the top of my head of a good example
of an 'adopted' orphaned package, there are probably good ways to properly
credit the previous contributors. I have used inst/AUTHORS before, maybe that
would be a suitable for you too.)

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org