[Rd] Testing R build when using --without-recommended-packages?

Tue May 4 23:22:36 CEST 2021

   Sorry if this has been pointed out already, but some relevant text
from
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Suggested-packages

 > Note that someone wanting to run the examples/tests/vignettes may not
have a suggested package available (and it may not even be possible to
install it for that platform). The recommendation used to be to make
their use conditional via if(require("pkgname")): this is OK if that
conditioning is done in examples/tests/vignettes, although using
if(requireNamespace("pkgname")) is preferred, if possible.

 > Some people have assumed that a ‘recommended’ package in ‘Suggests’
can safely be used unconditionally, but this is not so. (R can be
installed without recommended packages, and which packages are
‘recommended’ may change.)