[Rd] na.omit inconsistent with is.na on list

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 14 22:48:40 CEST 2021

Some relevant information from ?is.na: the behavior for lists is
documented,

     For is.na, elementwise the result is false unless that element
     is a length-one atomic vector and the single element of that
     vector is regarded as NA or NaN (note that any is.na method
     for the class of the element is ignored).

Also there are other functions anyNA and is.na<- which are consistent with
is.na. That is, anyNA only returns TRUE if the list has an element which is
a scalar NA. And is.na<- sets list elements to logical NA to indicate
missingness.