[Rd] use of the tcltk package crashes R 4.0.1 for Windows

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Sun Jun 7 15:46:12 CEST 2020

Dear Peter,

First, thank you for following up on this problem.

Unless I somehow inexplicably missed it, as I just confirmed, the R 4.0.1 Windows installer *doesn't* ask to install support files for Tcl/Tk.

Nor am I only one to notice this problem. I was made aware of it when several Rcmdr users wrote to me yesterday to say that the package was crashing R when it loads.

Finally, even if Tcl/Tk support is now a non-default option in R for Windows, R shouldn't crash if Tcl/Tk isn't installed.

Best,
 John