[Rd] use of the tcltk package crashes R 4.0.1 for Windows

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jun 7 08:44:02 CEST 2020

John,

The Windows installation instructions document has the following. So, one obvious question is whether you did select it. (I haven't installed on WIndows for ages, so I don't know whether this was changed recently or even whether the selection is on or off by default).

-pd

Using package tcltk

The package tcltk supports building graphical interfaces with Tcl/Tk.
"Support Files for Package tcltk" needs to be selected from the
installer for this to work; alternatively you can use an existing
installation of Tcl/Tk 8.6.x by following the instructions in the
rw-FAQ.