[Rd] re-submission of package after CRAN-pretest notes

Wed Jan 8 16:09:29 CET 2020

On 8 January 2020 at 10:06, Michael Friendly wrote:
| It used to be the case that when I submitted a package and it gave notes
| or warnings in the CRAN checks, I was required to bump the package
| version before re-submission.
|
| I hope this is no longer the case.  I recently submitted a package that
| gave one fairly trivial NOTE, fixed that, and would like to re-submit.

Quoting from the bottom of the current CRAN Repo Policy:

   Re-submission

      Re-submission is done in the same way as submission, using the ‘Optional
      comment’ field on the webform (and not a separate email) to explain how
      the feedback on previous submission(s) has been addressed.

      Updates to previously-published packages must have an increased version.
      Increasing the version number at each submission reduces confusion so is
      preferred even when a previous submission was not accepted.

      [...]

Dirk