[Rd] S4SXP type vs S4 object bit?

Wang Jiefei @zwj|08 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 22 17:14:28 CEST 2019

Hi Travers,

Just an additional remarks to Michael's answer, if your S4 class inherits
from R's basic types, say integer, the resulting object will be an INTSXP.
If your S4 class does not inherit from any class, it will be an S4SXP. You
can think about this question from the object-oriented framework: If one
class inherits the integer class, what should R do to make all the integer
related functions compatible with the new class at C level?

Best,
Jiefei