[Rd] should base R have a piping operator ?

Hugh Marera hugh@m@rer@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Oct 5 19:53:43 CEST 2019

I exaggerated the comparison for effect. However, it is not very difficult
to find functions in dplyr or data.table or indeed other packages that one
may wish to be in base R. Examples, for me, could include
data.table::fread, dplyr::group_by & dplyr::summari[sZ]e combo, etc. Also,
the "popularity" of magrittr::`%>%` is mostly attributable to the tidyverse
(an advanced superset of R). Many R users don't even know that they are
installing the magrittr package.