[Rd] should base R have a piping operator ?

Sat Oct 5 18:03:04 CEST 2019

Hello,

R is a functional language, pipes are not. There are even higher order
functions such as [1] and [2].
Besides, packages are part of R, R couldn't live without them. I find
pipes a good idea but I also find it better not to have them as part of
base R. If you want to use them, load a package, if you don't, don't.
This simple.

As for your example, compose, there is a StackOverflow question on it.
See this answer [3].

[1] https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/funprog.html
[2] https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/Recall.html
[3] https://stackoverflow.com/a/52465956/8245406