[Rd] "if" function in pure R?

King Jiefei @zwj|08 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 27 04:27:09 CEST 2019

Hi Alexandre,

I'm not an R expert so this is only my personal thought:

I don't think you can achieve what you want exactly. A possible solution
would be defining a binary operator %*%, where you can replace the asterisk
with any function name you want. The function %*% is special since it has
two arguments, left operand and right operand respectively. You then
can call the `substitute` function to get its function arguments in an
expression format and proceed to do what you want. Here is an example to
show the idea.

*Code:*

`%myOperator%` <- function(x, y) {
  x = substitute(x)