[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Sat Jun 29 05:17:18 CEST 2019

Thanks to Duncan, Henrik and Henrik, Brian, and Gábor:

       I created a local copy of the new GitHub version using the
following:

git clone https://sbgraves237:mypassword@github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat.git

       That worked in the sense that I got a local copy.  However, after
I rolled the version number and did "git commit" on the DESCRIPTION
files, my "git push" command generated the following:

remote: Invalid username or password.
fatal: Authentication failed for
'https://sbgraves237:mypassword@github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat.git/'

       What am I missing?  [Note:  I used my actual GitHub password in
place of "mypassword" here, and this "Authentication failed" message
reported the GitHub password I used here.]

       Thanks,
       Spencer

p.s.  I'm doing this under macOS Mojave 10.14.5.  Also,  I added
".onAttach" functions to the R-Forge versions as Brian G. Peterson
suggested.  That seemed to work fine.