[Rd] MKL with latest Rs

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 26 12:22:19 CEST 2019

Dear Robert,

try setting these MKL environment variables

export MKL_INTERFACE_LAYER=GNU,LP64
export MKL_THREADING_LAYER=GNU

the example should then report correct results (and regardless of the
version of R). There is no need to rebuild R from source, but when you
are building from source, this problem would be detected by checks in R
configure scripts. I can reproduce the problem on Ubuntu 19.04 and MKL
installed from binaries as described in Dirk's blog, both with R 3.5.2
and R-devel, and the problem goes away on both when the variables are set.

Best
Tomas