[Rd] head/tail breaking change

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 18 18:16:13 CET 2019

Jan,

That is an intentional change as you can see in the documentation for
head/tail in R-devel. Last time I discussed it with Martin, this behavior
was desired and thus is unlikely to change unless "our" (ie his) mind does.

The hope is that the new behavior is actually what people would want (note
it already behaves this way for data.frames and for matrices, which are now
explicitly array objects with 2 dimensions as well as classed as matrices,
so its more consistent now, and more reasonable for the object).

Best,
~G