[Rd] Warning when calling formals() for `[`.

Peter Dalgaard pd@lgd @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Oct 7 15:05:07 CEST 2018

There is more "fun" afoot here, but I don't recall what the point may be:

> args(get("+"))
function (e1, e2)
NULL
> args(get("["))
NULL
> get("[")
.Primitive("[")
> get("+")
function (e1, e2)  .Primitive("+")

The other index operators, "[[", "[<-", "[[<-" are similar

The docs are pretty clear that args() on a primitive should yield a closure, so at least the documentation seems to be wrong.

-pd