[Rd] persp command

Robert Baer rb@er @ending from @t@u@edu
Mon Jul 16 20:47:57 CEST 2018

On 7/16/2018 7:28 AM, Christian Rau wrote:
> Dear R-devel mailing list,
>
> I am wondering whether the "theta" and "phi" parameters of the "persp"
> function
> in the graphics commands are named in error (the names seem to have been
> swapped).
Not that it is authoritative, but one gleans from wikipedia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system ,  that
phyicists and mathematicians have exactly opposite conventions for the
meaning of theta and phi .

In the end, a symbol is just a standin for what it "stands for" so, we
just need to follow the persp convention when using persp. :-)