[Rd] Parametrized Vignettest in R packages

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 2 18:21:38 CEST 2018

On 02/07/2018 11:22 AM, Witold E Wolski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the questions as well as remaining me of the default
> parameters in the yaml session.
> Indeed this seems to be the solution.
>

> But how would I assign package data as a default parameter?
> So originally I thought to render the markdown with :
>
> <code>
> data(sample_analysis)
> data(skylineconfig)
> x <- rmarkdown::render("report.Rmd", output_format = "html_document",
>                        params = list(data = sample_analysis,
>                                      configuration =
> skylineconfig),envir = new.env())
> <code>
>
> I do not think I can write:
>
> params:
>    configuration: !r data(sample_analysis)
>    data: !r data(skylineconfig)
>
> since data does not return the package just puts them in the env as a
> side effect. Is there a different base function to achieve it.

I think you could use

  params:
   configuration: !r get(data(sample_analysis))
   data: !r get(data(skylineconfig))

but if that doesn't work, a longer version is

  params:
   configuration: !r {data(sample_analysis); sample_analysis}
   data: !r {data(skylineconfig); skylineconfig}

Duncan Murdoch