[Rd] R 3.5.0 fails its regression test suite on Linux/x86_64

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 23 16:02:38 CEST 2018

On 23 April 2018 at 15:14, Peter Simons wrote:
| Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> writes:
|
|  > You can likely get rid of most of them by building with the recommended
|  > packages.
|
| unfortunately, this is not an option for us. For various reasons, our
| build process requires that we build those packages separately. Ricardo
| appears to be in a similar situation and he has outlined some of those
| reasons already in his message.
|
| Anyway, it would be FAR better for us if "make check" would simply
| succeed in the configuration we're using. We'd be perfectly happy to
| have those tests disabled that cannot be executed without the
| recommended packages available.
|
| Is there a way to accomplish that?

I have been doing for R for about 20 years (if you count the time I assisted
Doug Bates when he was still the maintainer) (and longer for Debian), and you
seem to follow the same model we set up years ago of splitting the content of
r-recommended (itself a virtual package) off r-base-core.

You simply need to do this in stages.

As Duncan stated, this is not a concern for R Core as they offer us a way to
test the set.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org