[Rd] R 3.5.0 fails its regression test suite on Linux/x86_64

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Mon Apr 23 15:14:42 CEST 2018

Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> writes:

 > You can likely get rid of most of them by building with the recommended
 > packages.

unfortunately, this is not an option for us. For various reasons, our
build process requires that we build those packages separately. Ricardo
appears to be in a similar situation and he has outlined some of those
reasons already in his message.

Anyway, it would be FAR better for us if "make check" would simply
succeed in the configuration we're using. We'd be perfectly happy to
have those tests disabled that cannot be executed without the
recommended packages available.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Best regards,
Peter