[Rd] texi2pdf doesn't find the correct MikTex installation due to erroneous Sys.which()

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:42:57 CEST 2017

I checked after this question popped up on Stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44785961/compile-pdf-in-rstudio-works-but-knit2pdf-does-not-work-in-r-or-rstudio

On Windows, texi2pdf looks for the texify.exe of Miktex, but looks in a
very wrong place:

> Sys.which("texify")
                                                  texify
"C:\\PROGRA~1\\MIKTEX~1.9\\miktex\\bin\\x64\\texify.exe"

That folder is not on my computer (I have 2.9 installed), not in my path,
not in my system path and I couldn't find it in my register. So it appears
as if Sys.which() is looking in the wrong place.

What could cause this?

Kind regards
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be