[Rd] paste strings in C

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Tue Jun 27 17:39:19 CEST 2017

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael at gene.com>
wrote:

> To do this in C, it would probably be easier and faster to just do the
> string manipulation directly. Luckily, there are already packages that
> have done this for you. See an example below using the S4Vectors
> package.

Thank you for your reply.
The goal is to obtain those strings in C, not in R...

The result is returned to R just for printing purposes, but I need the
strings in C.
And if at all possible, using C functions directly rather than calling R
functions from C.

My first instinct is to try using the do_paste() C function in the
src/main/ directory from the R sources, but I haven't been successful so
far.
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa