[Rd] Creating a private CRAN with webpages

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 9 08:47:25 CEST 2017

    > If I understand you correctly, you want to have a mirror
    > of CRAN on a private server behind your firewall. Check
    > out https://cran.rstudio.com/mirror-howto.html
    > <https://cran.rstudio.com/mirror-howto.html> which gives
    > instructions on how to do this.  Cheers,

    > Rainer

Yes, definitely:  Just use your private CRAN mirror... and instead
of the above URL, one with the same speed (and AFAIK still
sponsored by the same monney) is
  https://cloud.r-project.org/mirror-howto.html

There it tells you to use  rsync, and I strongly recommend you do!

Martin Maechler,
ETH Zurich
(running one of the oldest - public - CRAN Mirrors)