[Rd] Antw: Re: "table(droplevels(aq)$Month)" in manual page of droplevels

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Apr 18 08:24:37 CEST 2017

>>> Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> schrieb am 13.04.2017 um 16:16 in
Nachricht <22767.34875.318482.421150 at stat.math.ethz.ch>:
[...]
> Ulrich, please note that in the end this was all  because you're
> still learning to understand R (e.g., data frames !) better.

Hi!

I understood that I did not understand the example due to my lack of R knowledge. That is the point you made.
However I read a book on R, the introduction on R, and several tutorials on R, and I still never saw the use pattern presented in the example.
Thus I think my proposal to present more comprehensible examples is a valid one. Alternatively the introduction to R could be extended to a level that allows the user to understand the example presented.
Honestly there are many example I don't understand (plus descriptions that I hope to understand from the examples).
While I understand that R developers prefer to be left alone, not hearing about such issues, I think even R developers could benefit from hearing of beginner's problems.
Anyway R developers are free to forward messages to R-help if they think more appropriate for R-help.

> As such this was completely inappropriate for R-devel and should
> have gotten to the R help list  R-help.

Regards,
Ulrich

> With regards,