[Rd] R 3.2.4 rc issue

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 6 17:27:35 CET 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 06:37, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 4 March 2016 at 09:11, peter dalgaard wrote:
| | Thanks for the info, Dirk.
| |
| | The tarball builds don't run make check (because of a policy decision that it is better to have the sources available on all platforms for testing than to have none if it breaks on a single platform). However the build as of tonight has no problem with make check on the build machine. Did you by any chance forget that Matrix is a recommended package and expected to be available when checking?
|
| Our build systems are heavily standardized and create pristine chroot
| environments with exactly what we prescibe.
|
| 'Recommended packages' was never part of it, yet we have been running 'make;
| make check' since (if memory serves) before the 1.0.0 days.  "It never
| mattered".  Yesterday, it failed. I'll try to try again on the weekend.

Thanks -- looks better again. Now the 'make check' over the included packages
just emits a few NOTE each that other packages needed for crossreference or
checks (such as lattice, MASS, Matrix, ...) are missing (which is expected as
they not part of the Build-Depends as it would create a dependency cycle).

So thumbs up for 3.2.4 next week.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org