[Rd] as.data.frame and illegal row.names argument (bug in package:DoE.wrapper?)

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 15 08:57:03 CET 2016

 > Hi Bill,

 > The thing is that is happening here is the specific
 > instance of as.data.frame that is being run, which in this
 > instance switch between as.data.frame.matrix() and as.data.frame.matrix().

(This must be another typo i.e. "cut/n/paste forgot to modify" lapsus;
 you probably meant *.vector in the 2nd case).

I'm pretty sure Bill was not asking *why* this happens {he would
easily find out if he wanted} but reporting two (potential) bugs:

- one in R  [not reporting erronous as.data.frame() usage]
- one in DoE.wrapper

I'm going to look into the  R one, which is indeed in the
as.data.frame.vector() method, as you've noted.

--
Martin Maechler
ETH Zurich