[Rd] "cophenetic" function for objects of class "dendrogram"

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Apr 21 16:59:37 CEST 2016

I think the results differ only in the order of the labels.  The following
function
puts the labels in a standard order and then the results are the same:

  canonicalize.dist <- function (distObject)
  {
      o <- order(labels(distObject))
      as.matrix(distObject)[o, o, drop = FALSE]
  }
  identical(canonicalize.dist(d2), canonicalize.dist(d3))
  [1] TRUE

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com