[Rd] Hidden files problem in R CMD check

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Sep 26 23:30:17 CEST 2015

On 26 September 2015 at 23:06, cstrato wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| Yes, I know, however forget for one moment R.

No we can't. Your question was about to make R CMD check happy and
'quiet'. And one answer is to feed it a properly constructed file.

| If I use tar independent of R it still should not create these hidden
| files.

Hm, I doubt that. We have to tell R explicitly to exclude dotfiles,
directories from version control etc pp. Recall the discussion years when
.git was added to the already existing .svn?

In any event, R is open source so you can check what 'build' does and follow
its code into the tools package.

| BTW, do you know where these hidden files are stored on the Mac?

Pass -- I am too pedestrian for owing one of those machines ;-)

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org