[Rd] issues with dev.new avoiding RStudio plot device on unix?

Ott Toomet otoomet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 05:31:22 CEST 2015

Can you describe your problem a bit more?

* What kind of unix system do you have?
* Can you run other X11 programs?

I had a similar issue, and the problem was that the computer was not set up
to support X11.  As a minimum, you have to install /xauth/, and potentially
also other libraries if you want to install packages from source.

Best,
Ott