[Rd] MetaCran website v1.0.0-alpha

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:55:02 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> That's true, but issues, checkouts, comments, credit, etc should all be
> going to the original repo.

You mean the links? They are, aren't they?

[...]

> >From the email Gabor just sent out, it sounds like he and I agree about
> this stuff anyway. I was really responding to the proposal that the
> repositories actually be forked.

I cannot do much about that. Issues and wiki are turned off, but you cannot
turn off forking or pull requests. Even the official mirrors at GitHub have
them, e.g. the Apache Spark mirror at https://github.com/apache/spark

And I don't actually want to turn off forks for these repos, because they
are useful for repos that are originally not on CRAN.

Anyway, in summary I'll try to do a better job at directing people to the
original sources.

Gabor

[...]