[Rd] NEWS.md support on CRAN

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Sun May 24 02:50:25 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
wrote:
[...]

> I wouldn't want R builds to depend on GitHub, so this sounds more
> interesting.  I took a look at that website, and it looks problematic to
> me:  the parser appears to be written in Javascript, and the install
> instructions (using "npm" and "bower", whatever those are) depend on
> some unstated prerequisites.  In principle there's no reason not to
> allow R builds to depend on these things, but adding a dependency like
> that implies so much testing that I can't imagine anyone who could do it
> would want to.

markdown-it is already in an R package, so all you need is
devtools::install_github("jeroenooms/markdownit")
to try it.

Actually an even better alternative is 'sundown' (
https://github.com/vmg/sundown), which already has R bindings, in the
'markdown' package. I should have suggested this in the first place, sorry
for missing it.

[...]

Gabor