[Rd] example fails during R CMD CHECK but works interactively?

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Wed May 13 20:51:19 CEST 2015

----- Original Message -----

Note that R CMD check runs R with environment variables set as follows (at least on my system; you can check $R_HOME/bin/check to see what it does on yours):

 R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES= LC_COLLATE=C

So try staring R like this:

 R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES= LC_COLLATE=C  R

And see if that reproduces the test failure. The locale setting could affect tests of sort order, and the default package setting could potentially affect other things.

Dan