[Rd] [Rcpp-devel] Windows gcc toolchain for R 3.2.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Mar 18 15:04:49 CET 2015

Duncan (and everybody else working on it behind the curtains),

Thanks for the update. All the work is truly appreciated, and it is really
too bad that we turned to C++ testing so late in the process.  But ensuring
release quality is paramount, so withholding g++ 4.9.* on Windows til these
issues are sorted out is the correct approach.

On 18 March 2015 at 09:27, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| called.  However, a number of packages do call Rf_error, and in gcc
| 4.6.3, they get away with it.  In our candidate 4.9.2 build, they

For the record, "we also got away with it" using every other know compiler
and configuration. We would have addressed this earlier if it had been known.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org