[Rd] R-devel does not update the C++ returned variables

sarah manderni sarahmanderni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:46:43 CET 2015

Thanks! I went through the online posts which supports the power of .Call
over .C. But my probably naive question is why does this work for my code
with R but not R-devel?
And another question is related to using .Call. Based on the manual page, I
do not need to change the function parameters when using .Call. So I can
run like this:
.Call("sppedUp", D, S, pD, pS, nrow(D), as.integer(N), length(N),
           ssq[i], i, as.integer(B), overlaps, overlaps.P)

But I am receiving the memory(?) related error:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'   what():
 std::bad_alloc
Now that I am running the code using .Call.

Thanks.