[Rd] model.frames and update

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Fri Apr 24 14:42:22 CEST 2015

I've gotton some good responses; thanks for the input. I'll proceed with my repairs down
another path.

An underlying question then is "if the model frame is near useless, as the responses
indicate, then why do all the standard methods save it (lm, glm, ..)"?   I suspect the
answer is that it helps hide (some of) the negative consquences of how formulas are scoped.

Terry T.