[Rd] Feature request: mixing `...` (three dots) with other formal arguments in S4 methods

Gabriel Becker gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 28 02:40:52 CET 2014

I think I understand what you're saying now, but I'm still kind of missing
the benefit from the approach.

As far as I can tell just giving foo formals for the arguments you want it
to catch gives you the end result you want, doesn't it?

And if the generic has ... in it, you can (if you're very careful) add
formals to specific methods that would capture arguments not meant for
other methods of the same generic.

~G