[Rd] Non-webby links on Windows web page

Winston Chang winstonchang1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:01:17 CET 2014

I agree that it would be nice to have mirrors configured the same.
Several weeks ago, there was a change to the .htaccess file at the top
level of the CRAN repository which brought down RStudio mirror, since
the .htaccess file used an Apache module that wasn't installed on the
RStudio mirror.

A really nice way to do this would be to have an official CRAN mirror
Docker image with the proper Linux distro + Apache configuration. Then
to set up a mirror, all you'd need to do is to set up rsyncing of the
contents of the central CRAN repo, and then do `docker pull` and then
`docker run` (with a few more command line arguments). Even the rsync
could be done within a docker container, so you'd run two containers
that share a volume: one container for syncing, and one container for
the web server.

-Winston