[Rd] Writing my first CRAN vignette

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sun May 18 14:33:31 CEST 2014

In fact my first vignette full stop.

I am intending to use Sweave. I have read the Sweave documentation
and section 1.4 of the extensions manual and apart from (a) do not
use split = TRUE (b) and include all the source components, there
does not seem to be anything CRAN specific.

1 - Am I missing some other documentation?
2 - If I use a package from CTAN would that be considered within the
spirit if not the letter of open source? I am not asking for trained
legal advice here, it is the spirit of the rules.
3 - I assume including the .bbl file would be fine rather than making
a separate .bib file?

I am not envisaging doing anything complex: text, formulae, some
tables and one figure plus a few references.

Michael Dewey
info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html