[Rd] Why R-project source code is not on Github

Brian Lee Yung Rowe rowe at muxspace.com
Sun Aug 24 20:43:16 CEST 2014

One thing to note about git vs svn is that each git repository is a complete repository containing the full history, so despite github acting as a central repository, it is not the same as a central svn repository. In svn the central repository is typically the only repository with a complete revision history, but that is not the case with git.

Brian Lee Yung Rowe
Founder, Zato Novo
Professor, M.S. Data Analytics, CUNY