[Rd] Is using devtools::release no longer allowed?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:53:54 CEST 2014

On 19/08/2014 2:40 PM, Carl Boettiger wrote:
> Dirk, listeners,
>
> Perhaps you would consider using omegahat's RHTMLForms instead?
>
>      library("RHTMLForms")
>      forms <- getHTMLFormDescription("http://xmpalantir.wu.ac.at/cransubmit/
> ")
>      submit_to_cran <- createFunction(forms[[1]])
>
> Should create a function called "submit_to_cran" with arguments
> corresponding to the webform blanks, e.g.
>
> submit_to_cran(name = "packagename", email = "youremail", uploaded_file =
> "package.tar.gz", comment = "the optional comment")
>
> (clearly you could fill those details in from the submitting package
> description).  I haven't tested this.

If you use this, make sure you test it well enough to get it perfect the
very first time you use it.  If I were a CRAN administrator and received
a series of bad submissions from someone who was working out the bugs, I
would not find it difficult either technically or morally to permanently
ban that user from ever submitting anything again.

Duncan Murdoch