[Rd] Compilation problems

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:15:24 CEST 2014

Well, I didn't go there because I don't have a clue....

What I usually try in such circumstances is to Google the error message and see if any ideas crop up. Looks like it is common to several applications that use Java, so not likely an R issue per se.

I'd look into

- how to provoke the error to occur without make
- what are your resource limits (ulimit -a  is your friend)?
- are any environment variables affecting the Java memory use? If not, perhaps you need to set them to values less than the max allowed. Or twiddle command line options.

etc.

-pd

Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com