[Rd] More than one package document with the same name

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 6 20:25:29 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Actually I think the issue (and Jerry can correct me if I'm wrong) is that sometimes users want to download the documentation for a package from the package landing page on Bioconductor or CRAN (without installing the package). If both files are called pkg.pdf, then your web browser wants to rename the second one to (e.g.) pkg(1).pdf (different browsers handle this differently).
Also, the two names on their own don't give you a clue as to which file is which.

My own suggestion would be that the manual be renamed to pkg-manual.pdf. That places no restrictions on vignette file names and makes it clear which file is the manual.

Dan