[Rd] R-forge, package dependencies

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 16 09:31:41 CET 2013

    > I have exactly the same issue with a pair of my packages
    > on R-Forge.  I've already notified Stefan, but I mentioned
    > it wasn't urgent for me :)

    > It must have something to do with the R check using a
    > different environment than the build...

notably when using '--as-cran' I think;
this looks like a pretty infelicitous decision to me:

E.g. I can no longer use --as-cran for checking our copula
package (on my own computer), as that suggests Rmpfr and gmp and
these depend on the corresponding external C libraries (mpfr & gmp)
and these rely on LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that now fails to be
looked at in such circumstances.

To me this somewhat recent change looks like something that
should be re-considered on the R side..

Martin

    > So good hunting, Stefan!
indeed...