[Rd] Error building R from SVN - unable to run 'pdflatex' on 'example-1.tex'

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Feb 4 18:52:44 CET 2013

On 5 February 2013 at 01:27, Jonathon Love wrote:
| On 04/02/13 23:47, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
|  > Probably, but if you want help you're going to need to give some more
|  > information first, such as what exactly you installed from SVN, what OS
|  > you are using, what target you tried to build, and anything else
|  > necessary so that a potential helper can duplicate what you did.
|
| my bad. sorry.
|
| on ubuntu 12.10 i did a checkout of the 2.15.2 tag

Try this:

   sudo apt-get build-dep r-base

which will install what the distro itself uses to build the package.

Also look into './configure --help' to learn about different aspects of the
build which you can turn on or off.  I keep a little shell script with my
prefered configuration to create a local build of r-devel from SVN.

Dirk