[Rd] Minimum requirements for package submission

Geoff Jentry geoffjentry at hexdump.org
Wed Aug 28 20:19:39 CEST 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> The change to preferring vignettes/ over inst/doc/ is just one of many; there
> is also an ongoing preference for vignettes that fully reproducible from
> source. Which may eventually put an end to non-Rnw / non-(la)tex vignettes.

I'm currently stymied by this. I was one who did the stub-Rnw trick
previously - it would be unwise for the vignette for twitteR to be run
truly dynamically as it requires someone's real credentials to process.

Not a problem, I run it by hand before submitting and then use the stub
.Rnw for the vignette metadata to get picked up by CRAN.

With the move to vignettes/ over inst/doc, that hasn't worked. doh!

Aside: If someone knows of a way to get a non-autogenerated documentation
file linked on a package's CRAN page (other than URL, which is a
possibility) I'd love to hear ideas.

-J