[Rd] Linux distribution with gcc 4.8 and AddressSanitizer ?

José Matos jaomatos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 18:05:18 CEST 2013

On Thursday 18 April 2013 17:38:06 Thomas Petzoldt wrote:
> Dear R developers,
>
> I've got an information from Prof. Ripley regarding a bug found with
> AdressSanitizer in one of our packages. It is now fixed, thank you for
> this information.
>
> Now, I would like to run AddressSanitizer myself before submitting the
> patched package to CRAN.
>
> Is there a recommendation of a suitable Linux distribution with gcc 4.8,
> ideally an ISO image or (even better) a virtual appliance for VMware or
> VirtalBox? My Debian Wheezy machines have only 4.7.2.
>
> Thank you
>
> Thomas Petzoldt

I am not sure about all the requisites above (regarding the virtual appliances although I know that they are available) but Fedora 19 (Alpha) that will be released today has gcc 4.8.

Even although it has the Alpha moniker, and the corresponding stage, it is relatively stable and thus suitable for your requirements.

Regards,
--
José Abílio